DESIGN, PROTOTYPE, FABRICATE
The Digital Modeling & Fabrication program at IYRS is a technical skill-building platform for the modern maker or manufacturer.
The extra-disciplinary curriculum gives students the opportunity to engage in design thinking, prototyping & fabrication. The DM&F Build Studio, equipped with cutting-edge additive technologies (such as 3D printers) & subtractive technologies (such as CNC machines), provides students access to hands-on learning in an effort to execute projects from start to finish.
At the intersection of design & fabrication…
- The DM&F curriculum enables students to develop their technical proficiency through hands-on training and access to industry-standard equipment and software. Combining design and skills-based training, students learn to function at the intersection of design & fabrication in an effort to identify and create the best possible outcome.
- Work in a wide range of materials that support the design and fabrication process in a broad array of industries. Fabricating in materials from cardboard to steel, we introduce a broad range of skills to provide students the knowledge to excel in their selected industry.
- Join a diverse and unpredictable community of driven and curious makers, craftspeople, designers, and technicians, all with various interests and experiences, on our 3-acre waterfront campus in Newport, RI.
Digital Modeling & Fabrication is a comprehensive, full-time 9-month program that enrolls each fall.
- Turnkey / Custom Solutions
- Prototype / Start-up
- Facilities Infrastructure
- Design Principles I
- Design Principles II: Laser Scanning & Photogrammetry
- Basic Machine Shop Principles
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- CNC Machining Systems
- Rapid Prototyping & Additive Technologies
- Physical Computing
- Career Readiness Skills
DM&F DEEP DIVE