Steps for Applying:
No Application Deadlines:
IYRS has a “rolling admissions” process and completed applications are reviewed as they are received. IYRS programs often go to a wait-list, click here to see recommended submission dates to ensure you are considered for your desired program and enrollment date.
1. Complete and submit the application for admissions in its entirety (this should only take around 10 minutes!). You may also complete and send a printed version of the application.
2. Begin to gather information such as:
- Portfolio of personal project or relevant work experience documentation and images (optional)
- Two professional letters of recommendation, preferably from an employer or school or shop teacher.
- An official high school transcript, GED or college transcript.
- $0 application fee
In an effort to make an IYRS education more affordable and accessible, we offer a free application review process.
Each applicant will work with a dedicated admissions representative to complete the application process. The admissions representative will schedule an admissions interview where they will share information with applicants, as well as learn more about an applicant’s interest in their program of application and demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of that program.
Applicants who are unable travel to IYRS may make arrangements for an alternate phone or Skype interview.
Admissions Decision & Financial Aid Package:
Once an applicant has completed their interview and application process, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee for review and an admissions decision & financial aid package will be provided to the applicant as soon as possible.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the admissions process, please contact the Office of Admissions by email at [email protected] or by phone at 401-848-5777.
Students are selected without regard to national or ethnic origin, race, sex, age, sexual orientation or religion and must be capable of benefiting from the training offered. Applicants must be seeking job training. All persons applying for admission must have completed high school or the equivalency and have the ability to understand written and oral instruction in the English language. IYRS is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Career Schools/Colleges (ACCSC). http://www.accsc.org/