Thank you for your interest in joining the dedicated and talented staff and faculty at IYRS School of Technology & Trades in Newport, Rhode Island.
Current Job Openings
IYRS School of Technology and Trades (IYRS) invites nominations and applications for the position of president.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to strengthen and grow a unique technology and trade school that produces exceptional outcomes for its students. IYRS is valued by students for its hands-on team-based learning model and sought out by employers for its highly skilled graduates. Over the last fifteen years, IYRS has grown from one program in boat building and restoration with a dozen students to four varied, accredited and complementary programs with approximately 90 to 100 students located in historic and beautiful Newport, Rhode Island. The school has made significant investments recently to consolidate and expand its campus on the Newport waterfront. With its current facilities, it has the capacity to almost double its student population and add other programs.
With the newly unified and updated campus as a canvas, the next president will have the opportunity to identify the right mix of academic programs, grow enrollment, expand connections to employers and the community, continue to develop the board and maintain and build philanthropic support. The president will benefit from IYRS’ highly engaged board and its location in a town and in a state that values and supports technology and trade education. The next president should bring leadership, marketing and management experience to an innovative and complex institution, a passion for experiential education, an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to the mission of IYRS to prepare students to enter the global maker and manufacturing workforce.
Sheryl Ash is leading this search with Allison Burson.
IYRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mobile Maker Lab (MML) Program Lead
Send resume & cover letter to: [email protected]
Powered by IYRS School of Technology & Trades, Polaris MEP, Rhode Island College, RI Commerce Corp & RI Department of Labor and Training, the Mobile Maker Lab (MML) (www.rimakerlab.com) provides high school students, educators, manufacturers & others access to the latest in advanced manufacturing & automation technologies. Traveling throughout the State, the laboratory promotes experiential learning, workplace innovations & statewide collaboration by targeting high schools, after school programs and other organizations interested in workforce development & STEAM related industries.
The Program Lead is a full-time Manager of the MML. The core responsibilities include maintaining and operating the MML, developing curriculum & delivering MML experiences. As a part of curriculum development, the Program Lead continues to standardize delivery of MML Awareness Experience in keeping with the IYRS teaching method, emphasizing hands-on, project-based learning.
The Program Lead continues to expand market visibility, manage existing MML partnerships and pursue new partnerships throughout Rhode Island.
The Program Lead represents the MML within the IYRS organization, collaborates with other teams throughout IYRS including marketing, admissions & on-campus programs. The Program Lead reports MML performance as needed to IYRS Leadership & other Stakeholders, while maintaining a strategic plan for continued expansion & growth.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working under the guidance of the supervisor, develop, document & standardize MML Awareness Experience, including outcomes, lesson plans & delivery methods
- Develop, manage & implement delivery of MML Awareness Experience Modules
- Ensure consistent high-quality delivery of MML Awareness Experience to a range of constituents from high school students, faculty & the RI community
- Develop & manage MML lead list including new & existing clients
- Work with overall team to build visibility of both MML and IYRS
- Hire & manage MML team member(s); Full or part-time
- Actively collaborate with various MML teams: marketing, admissions, etc.
- Responsible for Budgeting: Physical Plant, Programming, Tools & Equipment
- Function as Lead Instructor for MML with other part-time instructors; delegate responsibility as required.
- Manage continued expansion of MML market through close association with Marketing Department
- Develop 24-month strategic plan
- Provide data and reporting as needed to meet funder requirements
- Other duties as assigned
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Sound driving record required. Previous experience hauling a trailer a plus.
- Industry experience using 3-D printers, other CNC machines and design software
- Must have experience delivering, teaching, or conveying information
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Collaborative and “Make Anything Possible” attitude
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package including a 403(B)-retirement program with a company match, and a unique work and school opportunity that has attracted an extraordinary following.