Thank you for your interest in joining the dedicated and talented staff and faculty at IYRS School of Technology & Trades in Newport, Rhode Island.
Please contact [email protected] to apply for an open position.
Current Job Openings
IYRS School of Technology & Trades (IYRS), in Newport, RI, is a non-profit organization providing world-class experiential education, preparing students to enter a global manufacturing workforce. IYRS teaches the art and science of making, building, restoring and maintaining, and in the process, helps its graduates build both careers and more meaningful lives – inspired by the knowledge that in their hands and through the use of technology, they have the power to build almost anything
The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the timely and accurate processing of disbursements for IYRS and its subsidiaries including a restored historical building in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maintaining the overall integrity and quality of vendor, student and donor information will be of upmost importance.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Processing and posting disbursements / accounts payable transactions
- Processing and posting payroll
- Primary contact for vendors
- Purchase order processing
- Manage credit card charges
- Prepare and make bank deposits
- Manage specific compliance matters such as Charitable Registration
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reconciliations, financial closings and reporting
- Other ad hoc related duties and projects as assigned
In supporting General Office operations responsibilities:
- Perform general administrative duties to include filing, incoming/outgoing mail processing
- Maintain merchandise and program inventory
- Coordinate office equipment: maintenance, service & supplies for printers/copiers, postage machine, telephone system and general office supplies
- From time to time, screen telephone calls and visitors, resolve routine and complex inquires
In supporting other departments, such as for example, Development, responsibilities may include tasks and projects for executing events such as the Gala or Classic Yacht Regatta. Other ad hoc related duties and projects may be assigned.
From time to time, additional time will be required on week nights and weekends to support student and organizational activities such as Launch/Graduation Day, Annual Gala, Classic Yacht Regatta and other events.
Successful candidates will have:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs – strong Excel skills a must
- Initiative and drive with excellent analytic skills
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Collaborative and “Make Anything Possible” attitude
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package including a 403(b) retirement program with a company match, and a unique work and school opportunity that has attracted an extraordinary following.